Saturday, August 29, 2009

House of the Four Titans

The architecture here is amazing. Every day I find something new to marvel at. Somethings you just have to come see for yourself because a camera can't do justice to the intricate details.

Sometimes I have to wonder if Czechs take all of this for granted? I guess when you grow up with it, it is not quite so amazing.

At Náměstí Svobody 10, you will find the House of the Four Titans. It was built in 1901-1902. Apparently, when it was first built, the four partially clothed men holding up the building caused quite a scandal. Now...not so much.

1 comment:

  1. I am Czech I'm from Brno and I don't take the beauty of the architecture and facades of old Brno buildings for granted. I really like travelling by tram through the streets and watching them. It doesn't matter to me that I've seen them many times before. There are many details, so you can see the streets again and again and still you can find something new and nice.

    ReplyDelete