Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Visa Extension Application

Well today I went to the Foreign Police office and submitted all of my paperwork to request an extension on my long-term visa. Again, since I'm not an EU citizen I have a lot more hoops to jump through.

My original work permit is good through April 28, 2011. So I have permission to work in the country until then. However, my original long-term visa, which allows me to live in the country, expires at the end of next month. Go figure...so here's what I had to submit.
  1. A copy of my original lease.
  2. An notarized amendment to my lease extending it from August until April 28, 2011.
  3. Since my building is a co-op (Družstvo) I needed a notarized document showing that my landlord was allowed to rent the apartment to me.
  4. Land registry statement
  5. Business registry statement for the družstvo - 140 Kč (~$7.40)
  6. Copy of my original work permit
  7. Copy of my passport
  8. Copy of my original visa
  9. A new passport photo
  10. Copy of my health insurance card
  11. 4-page application form with a 1000 Kč (~$53) stamp that IBM provided
There are two foreign police offices in town. Fortunately, citizens of the EU, Americans, Canadians and Croatians get to use the smaller office at Cejl. Everyone else has to use the main office. I've been there before and it is crazy busy. I was told to come back in a couple of weeks to check on my application. I'm not expecting any problems so I should have my new visa by mid-April.

No comments:

Post a Comment