Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2nd Visit to Prague, Czech Republic

Last Friday, Claudia and I drove the D1 highway to Praha. We reserved the same Václavské náměstí apartment that I stayed at last December. Five of her friends made the trip from Stuttgart, Germany, to have a long weekend visit.

We had a great time hanging out in the city. It's way too difficult to plan itineraries for seven people so we just stuck to seeing the top touristy stuff. But since Prague is so beautiful I didn't mind seeing the Charles Bridge, the castle or the Dancing Building again. We did lots of walking through Old Town and New Town and checked out the Easter markets.

The last time I was in Prague we went to the castle but the cathedral was closed. I got to see it this time and it was incredible. I'll post about it later. We also went to the opera on Saturday night to see Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute), in German.

All and all it was a nice, relaxing weekend. I could really get used to having Easter Monday as a public holiday.


Lots of pictures are already loaded on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment