Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Atlanta Reunion in Paris

It's been about a year since I saw Steven & Michael. They decided to celebrate Michael's birthday with a European cruise. We planned to meet up in Paris after their cruise for a few days. I have been counting down the days to spend some time with my boys.

I haven't seen Marcus since his going away party in Bratsville. He is back in Atlanta now and is now in the same MBA program at Georgia State that Steven and I went to. Well as it turns out, by coincidence, Marcus planned to be in Paris at the same time. He went to Europe with his brother, mom and aunt. So we ended up with a whole lot of Atlanta folks in the city of lights. It was so great to see everyone.

Steven, Michael and I rented an apartment in Montmarte. It was about a 5 minute walk to Sacré-Cœur. Steven and Michael hadn't been to Paris in about 20 years so we just did the normal touristy stuff. We walked the entire city...through the Latin Quarter, down the Champs-Élysées, past the Arc de Triomphe, and visited all of the usual sites such as Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and the Seine. We all went with Marcus' family to see Versailles which was simply incredible. We managed to eat our way through Paris as well. You just can't beat French food. It was a good thing that we did a lot of walking.

Another perk about seeing everyone was that they brought me supplies. With what Steven and Michael brought me, plus what Marcus brought, I was pushing my baggage allowance. I managed to get back with only a ½ kilo (1 pound) to spare. I don't know how they did it but I ended up with lots of loot. The best was that Steven managed to bring me some aluminum turkey pans so that it will be easier for me to cook the Thanksgiving turkey this year. The last two years I've cooked the turkeys in a pan that is only about an inch deep because I can not find a roasting pan over here large enough to hold a 20 pound bird. But now I'm set with 3 of them. Is it bad that it is only May and I'm already trying to figure out what I'll need for Thanksgiving in November?

4 comments:

  1. Why they brought you antiperspirant sticks? They are not sold in the CR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    In CZ, you can but either deodorant or antiperspirant but you can not buy a a 2-in-1 combo like you can in the USA. Also, deodorant or antiperspirant is more expensive here.

    My friends also brought me my favorite razor blades. What it costs me for 5 blades here, I can get 25 blades in the USA. Cosmetics and stuff like that is just much more expensive here.
    Cheers,
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's friendship, if they brought you turkey pans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Karen, I have the best friends in the whole wide world!!!

    ReplyDelete