Thursday, November 17, 2011

Upcoming Berlin Weekend

Happy November 17th!! Today is Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day and it's a public holiday here in the ČR.

For my birthday back in July, Claudia's parents invited me up for a long weekend in Berlin. Sweet!! Like almost everyone else here I'm taking Friday off and giving myself a four day weekend. So in just a couple of hours I'm off to Berlin with Claudia and Norbert. It's normally about a six hour drive up to Berlin. Though today we're making a stop on the way, in Dresden, to do a little sightseeing.

On Friday night we're going to see some punk rock concert. A group called Jupiter Jones is performing and apparently they are quite popular. I believe the opening act is My Glorious which is a group out of Vienna. Other than that not a lot is planned. If we have time, we may try to visit Sachsenhausen which is a former concentration camp outside of the city.

I'm sure it seems like I'm never actually in Brno. But I actually do spend some time at home. However, it will feel good to get away for a few days. So čau for now, or more appropriately auf Deutsch, tschüß!!

No comments:

Post a Comment