Thursday, September 27, 2012

Irvine, California

Irvine is a suburb in Orange County.  It's about 46 miles (74 km) from Los Angeles.  The city was incorporated on December 28, 1971.

Irvine is 66 miles² (170 km²) and has a population over 220,000.  It is the 3rd largest city in Orange County, as well as, the 16th largest in California and the 96th in the USA.

It's a great place to live and to raise a family.  Which is why my sister and her family live here. 

My sister wanted to know what I wanted to do while I was here.  Aside from some shopping, grabbing some In-N-Out and perhaps going to the beach and Disneyland - not much.  I don't need to do any real touristy things.  I've had a great time so far just hanging out with my family.

Helping Emme with her car wash business
It's been really great to be Uncle Chris with my niece and nephew.  It was fun giving everyone their presents from all of my Euro travels.

Watching Krtek on YouTube
I had no idea that my nephew would get so attached to Krteček.  I heard that one of the astronauts has a Czech mother-in-law and took a Krtek toy with him on the last flight of the Endeavor space shuttle.  Maybe Krtek will hit the U.S. market soon?      
After school skateboarding

Kai & Dad making a spice cake

No comments:

Post a Comment