Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Back at the Gun Range Again

Jiří, the organizer
One of our colleagues, Jiří, organized some time for a few of us at the gun range after work today.

After a long day it is a nice way to blow off some steam.


Since I served in the U.S. military everyone here thinks that I must be some sort of marksman.  I was in the Air Force, and while I did have to qualify with an M-16, it's not like I was always out shooting.  In fact, I probably only ever had to fire my a weapon maybe 7 or 8 times and that's been almost 20 years ago.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was at a gun range in the USA.  And it's not like I go all the time here.  This was third time I've even been to the range here in Brno.  It is fun to compete with everyone else.


We had a little challenge this time.  With a 9mm Glock we all had three bullets and, using the same target, the goal was to get a head shot.  Either I got real lucky, or my training came back to me, because I put one right between the eyes.  Probably luck, but I'll at least claim that it was skill.  The only problem is then I have to deliver next time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment