Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lucidor and Arabella

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Brno has got a great cultural scene going on here.  The ballets and operas that I've seen here rival any that I've seen before.  Every time there is a performance at the Janáčkovo divadlo (Jancek theater) you see tour buses from Austria.  It makes sense that people come here because the performances are just as good as in Vienna and at a fraction of the cost.

I only wish that my Czech was good enough so that I could see some of the dramas and comedies at of the local theaters.  I've heard good things about those too. 

Tonight, I joined Claudia, and her friend Yvonne, who is visiting from Berlin, at the ballet.  Last night was the premier of Lucidor a Arabella so we saw the second performance.  It was amazing!  The performers danced with such passion and the costumes and stage settings were just great.  This is one that I wouldn't mind seeing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment