Sunday, October 28, 2012

Time Change

Daylight savings time ended this morning in ČR.  Our clocks fell back one hour and we are now back to CET (Central European Time).  That extra hour of sleep was really nice.  The only thing here is that it will now get dark so early.  In summer, I can leave the office at 7 or 8 pm and it's no problem.  It is still light outside and I know that I still have time to get things done.  But now, it will start getting dark around 4.  This is the time of year where I just want to go home, grab something to eat and go to bed.  I need to come up with something to do during the week, besides my Tuesday and Thursday night Czech lessons, that will keep me energized.

It's funny to me that when the time changes it doesn't change everywhere.  Normally Atlanta is 6 hours behind and California is 9 hours behind Brno.  But they don't set their clocks back until next week so when I Skype everyone tonight they will only be 5 and 8 hours behind.  Arizona is confusing.  They don't change time at all so half of the year they are the same as California and the other half of the year they are an hour ahead.  Which, I think, leaves mom & dad 8 hours behind for the next six months.  Very confusing at times.

Again, the extra hour of sleep was nice.  However, when I woke up I found that we got a bit of snow.  Not a lot but seriously!!??!!  Snow in October?  Something tells me that it is going to be a long, long winter ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment