Tuesday, December 4, 2012

2012 Thanksgiving

This is my 650th blog post since I started this little adventure.  I wonder how long until I hit 1,000.

Saturday was my 4th annual Brno Thanksgiving celebration.

This year, it was a week later than normal but, since it isn't a holiday over here, it's not like anyone noticed.


I was a bit worried with only having a 7 kg (14.5 lb) turkey for 25 people but, with the ham, it worked out fine.  Not as many leftovers but on the good side, I didn't have to get up quite so early to put the bird in the oven.


With all of the farewell parties this year we had a few new people this year.  As always, it's lots of fun introducing Thanksgiving to my Europeeps.  People really seem to get a kick out of all of the typical American dishes.

One of my favorite parts of the day is when everyone goes around and says what they are most thankful for.  With three sets of newlyweds and others expecting their first children, there was obviously lots to be thankful for.

This year's Thanksgiving was a little more mellow than in past years.  Probably because about half of the people were up late last night at the Hippie Christmas party.

Special thanks goes out to Gízá who was our designated photographer.  And of course an extra big thanks to my parents and Steven & Michael for the care packages which made the day possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment