Friday, March 1, 2013

The City of London

On my way to Rejkjavík, I will have one full day in London.  Many people can't believe that, with all of the traveling I've done, I have not yet made it to LondonI've been told that Heathrow Airport doesn't count.  It's not that I haven't wanted to go but let's face it, no matter where you are in the world, you will always be able to get to London.  I could be in an iron lung and still make it to London.  That's probably why I've focused on trekking around some of the off the beaten path kind of places. 

In getting ready for my trip I found out that the London, proper, city limits are quite small.  Here's a couple of videos I found out on YouTube that give some details about the City of London.



At Paddington Station
Liz and her boyfriend will catch a train in from Bristol on Saturday.  I haven't seen her since before she left Bratislava so it will be great to catch up.  Plus, I'll have a couple of English guides to show me the capital.  And I can finally say that I've been to London, instead of just Heathrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment