Monday, March 18, 2013

Where's Spring?

I'm so ready for Spring!  It's been reported that this is the coldest March in 100 years.  I'm tired of enjoying it.  I want some warmer weather.  Winter in ČR normally lasts from mid-November through mid-March.  Snow comes in November or December and lasts until March.  January and February are the coldest months with temperatures around -5° to -10°C (20° to 10°F).

This morning the sun was out and it looked like it would be a nice day so I didn't even wear a cap.  Then it started snowing all day long.  It really caught everyone by surprise.  Word has it that we may have snow like this through the beginning of April.  Damn!

I was telling someone recently that I must be getting used to the cold because this is the first year since I've lived here that I haven't broke out my long johns.  And while I do enjoy the snow...for a couple of weeks, I'm now over it.   

Today was Claudia's last day at work.  She is due in six weeks so by law she has to begin her maternity leave.  The weather must have been giving her a wintery sendoff.  Although it really wasn't so fun digging the car out of the snow without any gloves. 

EDIT:  It's now April and the snow is still here.  I'm glad that the weather waited until I was here for a number of years before it decided to go crazy.  Had winter been this long during my first year I probably would not have stayed past my first year.  All I can say is that it had better not be cold in Dubai next week.

1 comment:

  1. Chris - I concur & sympathise. I got to have my first 'White Easter' in Brno this year
    http://rickyyates.com/a-white-easter-in-brno/

    ReplyDelete