Sunday, June 23, 2013

Socks and Sandals

I don't understand why, but for some reason, Czechs love to wear socks with sandals.  Aside from being a major fashion faux pas, it just doesn't make sense. 



If it is warm enough to wear sandals then do so without the socks.  If it is cold enough to wear socks then wear them with "normal" shoes.





To be fair though it isn't only Czechs who do this.  Slovaks do it too.  And so do Germans.  Perhaps it's a Central Europe thing. 





While not 100% accurate I notice that Czechs tend to prefer white socks with sandals while most Germans sport black socks with their sandals.


I found these "sock sandals" out on eBay.  So even if you don't have sandals on at the time it looks like you are still wearing socks and sandals.  I know a couple of Czechs who will be getting these for Christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't wear socks only when I'm going to the swimming pool and the beach. This is not the U.S.

    ReplyDelete